Three things we’ll work on in 2018:
- Remove and Reduce Fees: We are steadily striving to become a no fee practice: no up-front sales fees, no back-end sales fees and no trustee fees. And we keep taking steps to make sure our clients are invested in the lowest management expense (MER) series Mutual Funds.
- Research “Pools”: We have always believed Mutual Funds are the best investment vehicle. But now Investment Pools are being developed; they look, feel, taste and smell like Mutual Funds, but they have some advantages for constructing investment portfolios, and they have lower MERs. We don’t want to jump in just yet, but this is a development that has caught our attention, and it may be the way of the future.
- Our overall approach to serving our clients will be top of mind throughout 2018. We believe we have all of the pieces in place, now how do we deliver; the plan is laid out, now how do we execute. Contributing to our clients’ wealth and well-being is top of mind.
Four suggestions for our clients in 2018:
- Bluestone Seminars: please try to come to all four in 2018. Everyone in the Bluestone Community, including you, adds an important dimension to the group. Together we are a winning community.
- Bluestone Financial Review and Planning: please, at some point this year, sit down with Terry and give everything a good going over. We believe our four-part review and planning approach does a good job of reviewing the past and planning for the future. And the issues that pop up during the conversation are often the best and most important part.
- The Bluestone Hierarchy of Wealth and Well-being: please spend some time on our website viewing “The Hierarchy” and thinking about what it means for you. Experts tell us that we think and behave in relation to our goals and values. So, please use “The Hierarchy” as a way to articulate and visualize your values and goals.
- The Bluestone Process for Wealth and Well-being: please spend some time viewing “The Process” and thinking about how you can best be engaged and make suggestions that you feel will help us serve you better.
This memo was prepared solely by Terry and Patty Rempel who are registered representatives of FundEX (a member of the Mutual Funds Dealers Association of Canada and the MFDA Investor Protection Corporation). The views and opinions, including any recommendations, expressed in this memo are those of Terry and Patty Rempel. Bluestone Financial is a personal trade name of Terry and Patty Rempel.